Monday 22 October 2012

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

50. Titles of other books by this author, including sequels? How were these stories similar/different?

Rick Riordan has written many books for kids and adults. I have read majority of the kids books and none of the adult books. His most famous series is now known as the Percy Jackson series. The books in that series are (in order) The Lightning Theif, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian. He also has two other series. One of the series  has all of the  characters from the Percy Jackson series. The other series is called The Kane Chronicles. The series with the characters from the Percy Jackson series currently has  three books but he is writing another book to add to that series. The books in that series are called The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune and The Mark of Athena. The next book in that series is going to be called The House of Hades. The books in The Kane Chronicles are called The Red Pyramid, The Thorne of Fire and The Serpent's Shadow.

The differences between the Percy Jackson series and the series with the same characters is that in the  Percy Jackson series there are only Greek demi-gods whereas with the other series there are Greek and Roman demi-gods. The difference between the Kane Chronicles and the other series is that the Kane Chronicles is about Egyptian legends and like I said before the other series are about Greek/Roman legends.

The other children book he has written is called 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones. I am not going put down the names of the adult books because I'm pretty sure that if your reading this that you are not interested in adult books.

2 comments:

  1. I was interested and kind of curious about the adult books. It looks like they are mainly all mystery or detective type stories and many of them appear to be set in Texas or the southern USA somewhere. I think I am more interested in the young adult books, because of the blend with mythology. Did you read The 39 Clues?? Did he write just that one book in the series? I think there are a lot of books in that series, but I never realized there might be more than one author working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not read the 39 Clues. He wrote only one book in the series, I do not know who wrote the other books in the series. I also like the blend of mythology, I find it really entertaining.
      I forgot to mention above that Rick Riordan is writing a squeal to the Mark Of Athena called The House of Hades. I think that book will be an awesome book.

      Delete